Lunes, Agosto 8, 2011

AM I WORTH IT?

"Repent!  The Kingdom of God is at hand!"  That was the call of John the Baptist.  He was like a broken record proclaiming this warning over and over again.  He did not mind who would get the ax.  His was an urgent task to boldly expose the  sins even of kings that they may seek God's forgiveness.   And this caused his death.


In your life, who was, or is,  your John the Baptist?  If ever you had one before or having one now, I tell you he/she surely is your true friend.  Mine?  Her name is Angelina Mendoza Go.


                                                              Angie is on the far left.


Angie, (others call her Lina) has been my best friend since my college days in Arellano.  But our friendship had limits then.  She would not let me copy during examinations!  She would cover well her paper and would never ever allow my wandering eyes  get a glimpse of her answers.  And she would  angrily look at me straight in the eye as if saying "Di ka ba nag-aral?" She was the best in accounting among our batch and always the favorite of our professors.  When we had afternoon classes, I would eat my lunch and spend my waiting hours with her in their house which was just across Arellano University in Legarda.   During floods which  at times  were waistline deep, their house would be my refuge.


Angie knew me well.  And I could not hide from her.  To seal the friendship, I made her the godmother of my eldest even if she was in the far-flung PNB Abra at that time.  Yet God allowed  us to renew our connections in 1987 when she  finally was assigned in Makati.  Her stay with the PNB Buendia branch  saw her treading a different course.  She started on her spiritual journey becoming an active member of the  Flames of Fire for Jesus, a Catholic charismatic community, having its roots at PNB Escolta.  That made her a "John the Baptist" to all of her friends.  But I was hard to get.  I was wallowing then in my sin of unforgiveness and I enjoyed it.  She would visit me during lunch time to start a bible study in our office but  I would close all lights to prevent them from entering.  Yet she never grew tired inviting me to different seminars and I would always find  reasons not to attend.  Now I know.  It  was God using Angie, trying hard to introduce Himself to me in another angle....not only as my Creator.  And the process was quite long.  Yet God never gave up on me.  He sought all routes for me to notice Him.  He made great advertisements.  He offered me beautiful roses.  Yet he also allowed the thorns to prick me...and all because of His immense love.  Who am I for a great God to think of?  to be worried about?  to love that much? Am I worth it?  


But as in all stories, there's got to be a beginning and an ending.  And finally I was caught.  And this is another beautiful story.
  



Each time I see Your face soaked in blood
I see the wretchedness, the pains of the world

Each time I see Your hands torn with nails
I see the sins of the Father’s creation

And each time I see Your body
Pierced with a lance
Your feet carried the weight on the cross

I see Your love, Your great great love
I see Your love, Your wonderful love
Then I’d say to myself, "Am I worth it"?

And as I see you rise up from the grave
I see the promise, I see the promise fulfilled
And as I see you rise up to the clouds
I see the angels praising Your glory!

I see Your love, Your great great love
I see Your love, Your wonderful love
Then I’d say to myself, "oh yes He loves me".
He truly loves me!


Thank you Lord for using my friend Angie to let me know more of You and myself.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento