Martes, Agosto 30, 2011

SALAMAT SA IYO, AMA

Here's a cute story of "How the Rose was Won"!


May 16, 1988
It was lunch break.     I came from a meeting and was heading back to work when I was halted by an ongoing activity at the open space fronting our office.  It was a "Life in the Spirit" seminar.  I decided to wait till the speaker finished her talk.  I saw that most of the participants were our NASECO service employees.  I was impressed by the eloquence of the speaker. She was talking about God's love.   But as she continued, the message became so powerful that I felt something different  going on inside my heart.  Then she sang a beautiful song.  She shed tears and I couldn't help letting mine flow.  There was conviction deep within me.   I became so ashamed of myself.  Yet there was such an awesome feeling of being comforted and loved!  When she asked the audience to raise their hands in prayer,  I slowly raised mine, shyly and not too high.  And with my hands raised, eyes closed, lips whispering a prayer, I surrendered my life to God!  The first session saw me stucked to my seat, thirsting for more.  It was a week-long, noon-time seminar.  And you know what?  I was always present even without anyone inviting nor reminding me.   Oh yes, finally, the  "Hide and Seek" was over.  Now it was Jesus Himself that I heard calling my name.    I heeded the call.  That simple encounter started it all.  And that is how the Rose was won!   That also gave birth to this song, Rosalinda's very first lines:  "Salamat sa 'Yo, Ama".  And the lines continue to flow from my heart.  


Life was still the same after that encounter.   But living it became totally different!  

I want to thank God for not giving up on me.  Thank you, dear Father for Your love.  


Sino ako, kung wala ka,
Sino ako kung mag-iisa
Ako’y lupa lamang, binigyan Mo ng buhay
Winangis sa Iyong kaanyuan....

Sino ba akong dapat Mong mahalin
Sino ba akong binigyan Mo ng pansin
Ako’y makasalanan, nabuhay sa dilim
Minahal Mo’t tunay na inangkin....

O may pag-ibig pa kayang 
Hihigit sa pag-ibig Mo
May pag-ibig pa kayang
Tulad ng sa ‘YO
Wala na nga, wala na nga,
O Diyos, Ika’y dakila
Salamat sa Iyo...salamat sa Iyo
Salamat sa Iyo, Ama...




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento