Linggo, Agosto 7, 2011

OH WHAT A JOY!

In the  70's, you would wait for almost half a year to get the results of a CPA board exam.  Now I think it would only take two to three weeks for examinees to either jump for joy or cry out loud.  So, you could just imagine the agony of a long long wait.  I remember I had so many novenas recited begging all those saints for a miracle.  I knew well I needed one that time.  Why? Because I knew I would fail.  The exam in Auditing required adjusting entries, worksheet and the formal statements.  I thought then that all items for adjustment were on the page I was working on and I was so glad I balanced the worksheet.  There were no calculators then and just adding all those figures would eat your time and effort.   I had a certain feeling of relief having presented the statements well without erasures and with even strokes of my fountain pen.  But I got the shock of my life finding there was still one page of items waiting to be analyzed, journalized and posted.  I closed my eyes,  bit my lips and sighed.  I refused to panic.  I calmed myself  knowing that was the only option available.  Time would be up in a couple of minutes and revising my work would create a great mess on my paper.   Now, could you blame me for pestering and bombarding  all those saints in heaven?  But I remember that as the final verdict drew near, my prayers changed.  I just asked God to give me  courage to accept this kind of failure.  I have gone thru all sorts of defeat and this would just be one of those I could handle.  One thing more, I knew I could have a re-take.   I also prayed that I may not be ashamed to face the world  and be myself again with my circle of relations.  Then came the day.  I wanted to be absent from work but maybe my prayers were answered so I was ready for a sad news.  A friend called up before 2 o'clock and broke a good news that she saw my name on the list submitted for press release.  But I needed confirmation.  It could still be a false alarm.  Then came the delivery boy of the Daily Mirror for the GM's office. After a few minutes, I saw the secretary with all smiles going near my desk.  My heart was pumping so fast I could not contain the happiness that very moment.  "Oh my, she would be congratulating me," I said to myself.  "Rose! congratulations, you passed the board!",!  Then everybody in the office shared the joy.


That was one milestone!  I earned one title that could not be snatched.  It was one accomplishment that I could be proud of.  One event that exuded real overwhelming joy!  Yet there was that inexplicable joy that surpassed all the other joys in my life.  And I did not work for it!  SOMEONE did and I just opened my heart when I heard Him knocking.  But He waited long.  I wonder how He must have felt when I finally opened the door.   He must have worn a big smile when I let Him in.  And the joy of letting Him reign brought special joy with lasting peace in my heart.  It's the peace that the world cannot give and  understand.  It's the peace that one should have; the kind of peace  one we should share.  Need this  peace?  Receive the joy first!  You'll give a special joy to the Giver too!!

What a joy to know that He loves me
What a joy to know that He truly cares
What a joy to know that He’ll always be
My father, my savior, my friend.

What a joy to be His creation
What a joy to sing His great salvation
What a joy to let the whole world know
His peace and love will always overflow.

What a joy to know, what a joy to see
What a joy to feel His love for me
What a joy to live, what a joy to be
A child of God, right from the very start.

What a joy to sing Him praises
What a joy to thank Him for all graces
What a joy to know, what a joy to be
A part of God’s great family!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento