Miyerkules, Agosto 10, 2011

SAFE IN HIS HANDS

"We never get what we want, we never want what we get,
  We never have what we like, we never like what we have.
And still we live & love.   That's life."

A friend forwarded the above quotes and I just couldn’t  help but smile at this mystery called “life".  To affirm  these truths would mean rewinding portions of my past to get a clearer picture of what I wanted but did not get. Yet I must also examine and  review what I got that I never wanted.  Then maybe to provide a stronger evidence, I should make a list of what I  liked but did not have.  And to offset, maybe a longer list of  those  I had that I did’nt   like.  Confusing?  Ha ha..  But wait.  The quotes concluded with:  And still we live & love. That's life.”   Well, I just could sigh "ah love....ah life!"  And my hands just couldn't stop  writing some funny honest thoughts on this:
                 ah love . . . ah life . . .

                  love’s a strange old feeling deep inside
                   that lingers on and on but chose to hide
                   yet time could just create a tiny space 
                   where one day it could somehow link and trace.
                    life is full of big and small surprises
                   dreams of long ago inspire old faces
                   life moves on with all its twists and turns
                   clock ticks fast and slow till time still lends.
                    letting go is simply saying “i accept”
                   accepting is just giving up what “i expect”
                   expecting is leaving up to destiny
                   what and when and how my life would be.
                    ah life, love was your beginning
                   ah love, you make this life worth living.

Our lives have been perfectly planned by a Master Builder and Architect.  In other words, "we have been set up".    Let's look at these scenarios:
  • Review the qualities of your ideal man.    Do they pretty much describe the guy you married? Take my case.  Should I marry, I wanted my man to be tall, dark and handsome.  Well,  my partner was handsome and dark.   But short! 
  • I liked then to be a doctor.  I became a CPA!  Then I thought I wanted to stay single and become a nun...but I married and became a mother.
  • I wanted to land a job at Colgate or Nestle.  I was never given a chance even for an interview in any.
  • When I decided to transfer to PNOC in 1994 for a better opportunity, my feet led me back to my former office.    
  • When I retired in 2003 after 35 years in the corporate world,  I was prepared to invest in a  sari-sari store.  Here at least I could still practice my profession in auditing all the canned goods and soft drinks!  But from nowhere I was offered a teaching job in a transnational school!     
and many more.  The truth is:  We have even been positioned for tasks we have never dreamed of doing.  Our Maker Who gave us our gifts will lead us to people and places for a special mission.  So, there  is nothing to worry if we are bogged down with irritants and inconsistencies. Our God is the Author of Life.  He knows how to begin and end each life story.  And remember, He is a God of Love.  He is in full control  and therefore our lives are always safe in His Hands.    



I once had my dreams 
And my dreams were beautiful
And I offered them all 
To my God whom I adore
And when my dreams were realized
I was amazed, I was surprised
God made them more beautiful 
And better than mine

I once had my plans
And my plans were wonderful
And I offered them all
To my God whom I adore
And when  my plans were realized
I was amazed, I was surprised
God made them more wonderful
And better than mine

Oh yes my God is wiser
And His thoughts are higher
And His ways are better and He loves me
Oh what a beautiful Savior
Oh what a wonderful Friend
What a loving God and Father till the end.

I still have my dreams
And I still have my plans
Safe in His Hands.




1 komento:

  1. Would you sing this for us next time we see each other at SFU? I'd love to hear the melody of these heartwarming words.

    TumugonBurahin