Miyerkules, Agosto 3, 2011

JESUS IS MY REWARD

I graduated valedictorian in the elementary and high school. But in college, I got a 3 in one of my accounting subjects and that disqualified me for Latin honors.  I used to brag about the medals I collected for loyalty, leadership and academic excellence. I would always audit them to find out if there would be one missing.  I would do the same with the  ribbons pinned on me for oratorical and musical competitions.  And for my  diplomas and citations for outstanding achievements, I would frame them to entertain guests in the featured walls of our home. All these would thrill me before, bringing back the sound of applause and the sight of so many hands congratulating.  But they no longer now.  The medals and ribbons, kept in a plastic container, continue to rust, fade, srink - unaudited!  The diplomas and citations, now like hidden treasures of Egypt, are waiting to be unearthed.  Yet I have thanked God for all these rewards.  They were blessings that helped me find my way thru my professional journey.  But there is a much greater reward that I needed now as I continue to journey through life.  And it was good I finally discovered how and where to find it.  Now I know we are here not to collect medals but opportunities to love and care.  Not to wear ribbons but to share that special joy as we do our mission.  Not to win in competitions but to bring back lost souls searching and wanting to be found.  Only then will our lives be meaningfully spent and assured to receive the final eternal reward:  JESUS.  


I said my "yes".  When will God hear yours?



When I say "yes" to Jesus
Yes would be pleasing Him
Yes would be loving Him
All the days of my life.
When I say "Yes" to Jesus
Yes would be trusting Him
Yes would be serving Him
All the days of my life.


Then I'll be free, I'll be refreshed
I shall be filled and I will be blessed
I shall be satisfied, I'd be complete
For Heaven is in my heart
And JESUS IS MY REWARD!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento